May 30, 2009

Uncaffeinated Train of Thought

I often feel like I should talk about something intelligent, or news-worthy, on a blog, other than my day-to-day life. Because it feels like an imposition on people to talk about what I accomplished today or what I think about something. And what if someone asked about what I blogged about, and I could only honestly answer, myself? But when I look at other people's blogs, I love reading when they talk about themselves. It's fascinating and funny and I feel like I can be better friends with them, in a satisfyingly voyeuristic kind of way, even if I don't know them. I guess that's incentive to continue as is. And I'm excited to publish more fiction. I don't really know what the problem is, because I happily make 20 page scrapbooks about my life (I have four big ones now, for each semester of college) but they're only for my kids someday, so they know I was totally cool.

I really hope my kids are cool. If they're not, I'm going to be super disappointed. Not cool like quarterback of the football team cool, because if that were the case, I'd disown him on the grounds of being a tool (if he's anything like my high school's quarterback), but cool like I can chill with them sometimes. That's all I want from my kids. I still have awesome shopping trips with my mom and am not ashamed of it, not at all.

Overkill has been on my mind a lot lately. I've been tossing around lots of ideas in my head about where it's going to go, since I guess, with Erin and Emily out for good, the whole thing will rest on my shoulders. But lots of great people have stepped up saying they want to help, so hopefully this means it won't be hard to get writers and designers in the fall. I'm most nervous (read: terrified) about the first meeting where it'll just be me up there organizing the voting for new officers and delegating responsibilities with no E&E by my side. It's a big deal though, because here's a perfect chance for someone like me to bring Overkill in a direction that will make a long-lasting, eclectic mark on the campus for years to come, and that's not something every college student gets to do.

...GAH. I need coffee.

1 comment:

  1. I think personal lives are fascinating, and blogs have a kind of confessional quality that you wouldn't necessarily find in every day conversation. Bloggers (and by bloggers, I mean me) invest a lot of themselves in their writing, which I find to be higher quality than straight-up academic or politically correct drivel.

    Sorry I feel a need to comment every single one of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Of Course Digital Face Recognition Finds An Asian