May 28, 2009

Wonderful Things Right Now

1. Just got hired as a waitress at Friendly's, where I really wanted and needed a summer job. My manager is so chill and down-to-earth, too. Everyone has been telling their hair-curling stories of food service, so I've got my tolerant shield up, but I really am excited to start. And I've worked with ice cream and kids before at Cold Stone, so I guess it'll be just like that except with waitressing and no carpel tunnel. It's the Friendly's right by the hood though, and the manager said she had to kick some people out once for threatening to shank one of the waitresses. Should be interesting.
2. Soon-to-be Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor (!)

3. I'm going shopping today for ice cream-colored polo shirts for Friendly's! That's seriously the uniform. "They have to be an ice cream color," she said. I was thinking about this today; I'm happy to get more polo shirts because I have always liked them and never bought them because they're so associated with a preppy stigma, but I only like them because they're so colorful. And now I can wear them to work in Admissions all the time too! Sweet muffins.

polo polo polo polo polo polo polo polo

4. Got a letter from Maggie yesterday!


5. I have a strawberry popsicle right now.


So life is currently pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Course Digital Face Recognition Finds An Asian