May 30, 2009

A Bit of Art

It's a simple one, but was fun to make. I read a quote from Laura Laine, this uh-mazing b&w illustrator/fashion designer/artist,"Color is merely an intrusion in the world of art."

imposeimposeimpose

I disagree with her...completely, but I wanted to give painting a shot with just black and white. My canvas was too big to properly scan her in but this was the result. I don't know why parents do this, but when both my mom and dad saw it, they didn't praise it or critique it or anything normal; they just kept demanding to know who it was. They're annoying.

I really like painting people. It would be cool to do the art for a murder mystery novel or something, like Disquiet. Hm, new career aspiration? Trying to think up a name for this chick...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Course Digital Face Recognition Finds An Asian