Jun 9, 2010

Kick your knees up, step in time.

The intern life? I am learning oh so much, but my progress feels very -two steps forward, one step back,- which has instilled quite a fear in me of screwing up something big. Suddenly all my work is REAL!, LIVE!, and ON AIR! & if I don't keep up, I'll get dizzily left in the dust [without recommendations]. Yikes! A sampling of my stepping pattern... (like how the bees dance, Ms. Frizzle says that's a whole science.)

1. Learn rotational sphere animation on the Avid.
2. Learn rotational pancake animation on the Avid.
3. Am given a simple project of cuts and cross-dissolves and manage to crash the Avid.
4. Stay late into the night doing graphics for Senate session.
5. Rewarded with egg rolls from staff and bond over after-hours Chinese takeout.
6. Exit wrong doors and set off alarms on entire West side of Legislative Building.
7. Am given golden opportunity to do shoots for press conferences.
8. Successfully shoot first press conference.
9. Accidentally unplug camera with my foot during second press conference, in the middle of a sensitive speech about autistic children.
10. Attend the Senate-sponsored Dairy Day, collect ice cream, yogurts, and cheeses.
11. Spend day happily wheeling camera equipment to and from conference rooms, munching on treats.
12. Realize at end of day that the cheese I put in my pocket in the morning has melted into my good business pants.
13. Learn to set up all media equipment for on-the-fly press conferences.
14. Cleverly purchase blazers with big pockets to hold important microphones and cables for whipping out at the last minute.
15. Forget important microphones and cables in pockets and accidentally steal them. Twice.

Somehow, they're still nice to me.
Today, one guy even brought in a box of Cheez-its!

Learnin's good, but when it gets tough, I indulge my sweet, simple childhood dream to be a dancing chimney sweeper. Or in the glad company of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Course Digital Face Recognition Finds An Asian