Aug 6, 2009

A Thought

I am eating a grilled swiss cheese sandwich with truffle oil.
I am totally happy with it. Really freaking happy.


Do you ever stop to think: there is so much fucked up stuff in the world. So many people who can’t get what they want. So many dreams deferred and hopes crushed and goals so far out of reach. Even the most generic of people can make it through high school, go to college, get a job, get married, have kids, get a house, get life insurance, have a dignified tombstone… and it takes a whole life to get any of that stuff done.

But then there's food. Food is the only thing that give me total and immediate gratification. You eat it, you taste it, you swallow it, and it’s yours. No one else can take it from you. Food is fucking beautiful. I love food. I want to spend my life with food. This grilled cheese sandwich is beautiful.

Sex does not count as total and absolute immediate gratification. I can think of at least ten of my closest friends who would argue that. Sex gets complicated. You’re wrong. Even people in solid relationships can’t have sex whenever they want. But you can go downstairs at 4 a.m. and have a grilled cheese whenever. Masturbation is a little closer, I guess. This grilled cheese is probably a better sexual experience.

Why do some people waste their food time with crappy Lean Cuisine TV dinners and hard store-bought muffins when food is the best treat they’ll get all day?

I am so pleased with this grilled cheese.
If I wasn’t eating it, I’d have it plated with gold and put on display.

3 comments:

  1. Food is the most fantastic thing in the world. I have a terribly complex love/hate relationship with it, though, so I guess I'll have to keep searching for my immediate gratification.

    On second thought, it's probably Kraft macaroni and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmmmmmmmmm now I'm hungry :P

    But for sure, Food is def. a nice constant to have. And they say food can be an aphrodisiac so it's like have a grilled cheese, become excited, then masturbate. that's a lot of *win* right there

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what to say to that, Brit, but I'm laughing and just cannot deny the win factor.

    ReplyDelete

Of Course Digital Face Recognition Finds An Asian