Aug 14, 2009

Psych majors, please comp on this?

Nails on a chalkboard don't bother me. At all.

But progressively, more and more,
and I have never before noticed this,
the following make me go gahhhhasjkldkge;lgjl:

1) Scraping plastic on styrofoam
(like a plastic spoon on a styrofoam ice cream to-go cup)
2) Scraping teeth on wet, wooden popsicle sticks
3) Scraping nails too hard on glazed ceramic coffee cups

Is this a psychological thing?
If nails on a chalkboard bother so many people,
then is this herd mentality or seriously a brain thing?
Can someone do their comp thesis on this please?
Or at least tell me if they know?
Because for the life of me, I don't know why these things
illicit such a strong and terrible gahhhaskkjkfriwe7!8n.

Kinda fascinating really.

2 comments:

  1. Very fascinating!

    And, y'know, come to think of it--the styrofoam/plastic spoon thing does kind of bother me. Thinking about the sound now makes me cringe.

    Although, my third grade teacher had crazy black beehive hair and wicked long red acrylic fingernails. In third grade is when we learned how to write in cursive. Mrs. Konvolinka's red nails + chalk slipping + chalkboard definitely = suckage.

    [/rambling]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably a form of synethesia. Most people have some very mild form of it. Input of one sense creates an output of another.

    --Katie L

    ReplyDelete

Of Course Digital Face Recognition Finds An Asian