Jun 14, 2009

Of Note

1. I wish I could be in Tehran right now. I mean, I'd probably get shot for being too outspoken, because I think their election was completely rigged and all the news reports are good and unbiased and implicative like this, from TehranBureau,

"The polling stations had been closed a little over two hours. Although we were told that results likely wouldn’t come in until late Saturday or even Sunday, a landslide victory was declared for President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad not long after midnight. No one, however, besides perhaps his staunchest supporters seem to trust the numbers. 'What happened?' people started to ask one another as a general feeling of confusion took over."

(above, women lined up to vote) And I only wish I could be that eloquent: well...it's all very suspicious...NO. IT WAS FUCKING RIGGED. It was a huge voter turnout and Iranian people care so beautifully much about their vote and it was just stolen from so many of them. I wish someone would just say it.

The police stopped foreign reporters and anyone trying to tape the protests, but low-quality home videos taken by people at the scene proved the violence of the police officials against Mousavi demonstators. International editor and reporter Lindsey Hilsum from Live Tehran 4 asked one citizen what he thought of the election and he responded, "Better not to think, better to close your eyes, and shut off all senses." Hilsum's cameraman was arrested during her report and their camera, confiscated.

Breaks my heart.











Mousavi, above
The protests, below

Pictures from time.com.

2. In other news, I changed my Facebook Name to Trina Tulloch because it sounds newscasterish and oh man, I just freakin' love alliteration.

3. I also requested information from several grad schools:
Newhouse School of Journalism at Syracuse
Emerson College, School of Journalism
Columbia University, Graduate School of Journalism
Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern
Berkeley Graduate J-School
CUNY Graduate J-School
U of Missouri J-School
Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio

And I requested it all under Trina Tulloch. And loved it. I'm tired of being associated with hurricanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Course Digital Face Recognition Finds An Asian