Aug 12, 2010

Brink of Tears #1

I almost cried twice today, for two different reasons. I might be in need of a good cry, it's been a while, but today was just ridiculous.

This trip was almost perfect. I haven't lost anything. I made it to every class, saw magnificent places, met unbelievable people, and became brave. I engulfed myself in culture, food, beauty, and did things that would terrify a 16-year-old me. Until today, when I woke up too late, missed my train, missed my plane, and had to call Daddy for help like a fucking princess. I can't stand my idiocy sometimes.

In any case, I am currently typing this from a lovely little room in a quaint Frankfurt hotel. Life could be much, much worse. But desperately running around train stations today nearly pushed me over the edge. I didn't have seat reservations, so every time I would snag an empty seat, some German would come over and start waving their reservation in my face, speaking their schloshy foreign tongue. Of course they sound much angrier than they actually are, but after this happened six times, I ended up curled in a ball in the train corridor, atop my red polka dot luggage, while people buzzed back and forth, giving pitiful looks to The American Girl.

At the hotel though, I made a friend named Howard. His story is the feature presentation, which will come as soon as I can purchase more expensive internet. Excuz-moi.

2 comments:

  1. When I arrived in the UK, I was like dertrain?what'sthat, and ended up taking a cab to Lancaster from Manchester (without reservations, about 200-some US dollars). I literally gave the cab driver everything I had in my wallet, and had zero money for food. I had also arrived three days before I was allowed in my room at Uni, so I stayed in a hotel and ate only complimentary breakfast cereals and energy bars. (wasn't until a week before I left that breakfast was included with the price of the room, fail).

    Anyway. The important thing is you are for the most part unscathed--this will be significantly less traumatizing in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all a gigantic learning experience, these traveling trips...hopefully we can have fabulous vacations in the future as a result, ja?

    ReplyDelete

Of Course Digital Face Recognition Finds An Asian