May 22, 2010

Co-op-sessed (HAHA)

I discovered a huge Albany Co-op today and think I achieved organic dairy nirvana. I went with my mom and she says "This healthy food thing is a trend." I have Michael Pollan's signature in my book with the words "Katrina-- Eat Food!" So imma do it, Michael, for you.

More importantly, the journey to achieve superhero status as a wine and cheese connoisseur could certainly begin this summer. At the co-op, I bought two little cheeses. They are adorable:
IL PASTORE: Semi-hard sheep milk cheese from Italy that goes equally well with olives (especially grilled olives) and grapes of figs or melt nicely in the panini!
PATACABRA: Goat cheese from Spain, pleasantly goaty and salty, with a nice, clean aftertaste.
What does it mean to be pleasantly goaty?

That second one is grammatically incorrect, but I plan to return to the Co-op every week and buy two little cheeses for sampling in my cheese studies. TWIST: Instead of reviewing them, I plan to smoke a joint, taste the cheeses, and write a little flash fiction on this blog based on how they make me feel. Because I can. And it's summer. And I'm young and reckless and love cheese. (Maybe not the joint part, but definitely the flash fictions. I said maybe).

I also bought raw hemp seeds, wild blueberry yogurt from Maple Hill Creamery, and a little package of "Matt's Tofu Salad" at the co-op. (not a vegan) I don't know who Matt is but if he looks anything like his tofu tastes, I would be all over his fresh, crumbly spread if you know what I mean.

My dad is currently mocking my Maple Hill Creamery yogurt as he eats his own corporate-owned 'Fruit on the Bottom' BREYER'S Blueberry Yogurt while watching sitcoms about British people on PBS. I bite my thumb in his general direction.
Doesn't he look so grumpy? It's so sweet.
Okay, I'm off to pack a bowl. Flashes to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Course Digital Face Recognition Finds An Asian