Jul 18, 2009

Driving, Sushi, and HP6

Yesterday I got my drivers license (!!!)

Unfortunately, this still doesn't mean my dad trusts me driving alone. He has separation anxiety out the wazoo. He makes all these excuses about our insurance policy, but really he just wants me to be miserable. Truth.

I am currently eating a frozen yogurt. I don't often freeze my yogurts, I usually just eat them with tons of extra creamy Reddiwhip so I achieve my life long goal of being an All-American fatty. But someone recommended I try freezing Yoplait Whips. It's OK, in a frozen fluffy way. My spoon tastes too metallic. I broke a spoon at work today. Life is so unfair with spoons.

Apparently, I have forgotten how to type a happy and comprehensible blog post.

Let's start over.

I got my driver's license! I was shopping online a little for a car. I have such an affection for those new, boxy cars like the Cube [mobile device] and the Honda Fit. And those Smart Cars they imported recently from Europe. I don't know brands, haha, just shapes. Boxy cars look so futuristic to me, like the flying pods from The Fifth Element. Really I'd be happy with any car, but I hope the wave of boxcars means we're deep in a transition period toward digital and electric automobiles along with everything else. Sometimes I'm totally blown away by how different things are from ten years ago.

I don't even know how I would explain stuff today to someone in 1999. Did we even have iPods then? Friends was still on air. How would you tell someone back then that the funniest TV shows today don't even have laugh tracks? Holy cannoli, that was when I was in fourth grade. I had just gotten my first pair of glasses. They were wire frames. (shudder)

Anyway.

Yesterday, my mom and I went out to try a new restaurant to celebrate my acquisition of The NYS License. We meant to Koto Japanese Sushi Bar, but then my mom told me "koto" in her language means "lice." This significantly decreased my desire to go there. We instead went to a place called Hana, also a Japanese Sushi Bar, but also a steakhouse and hibachi bar.

I rarely go out for Japanese food (there are so few places here in the 518) but this place was EXTRAORDINARY. My mom and I were decided to be daring and order only dangerous sounding things. She got "Fast and Furious Sashimi" and I got "Dynamite Sushi."

Dynamite.

Our sushi chef.


Fast and Furious.


Bar.


Mmm.

What else, what else is going on. I saw HP6 twice. It was ridiculously funny the second time, because I was watching more of what was going on in the background than the main action in every scene There is some seriously funny and great acting by the extras. It's really always just very British, lots of very questionable staring. Especially Snape's reactions to everything. I really believe this is the best film to date. Everyone keeps complaining about a lack of action sequences and magic special effects, but they're the same people who thought Transformers 2 was good. Also, they paid money to go out and see Transformers 2. So I rest my case. I'm just really happy to see the younger cast starting to act and play off their amazing and experienced cast members (Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Helena Bonham Carter, Jim Broadbent, etc.)

I sound super snobbish and misleadingly interested in celebrity news, but I just really have a passion for watching British people, having grown up watching miniseries after miniseries on PBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Course Digital Face Recognition Finds An Asian